Vacation may be a breeze, but packing is certainly not. The truth is, you won’t need much to enjoy the Exumas, but we’re here to make the packing process easier and simpler so you can look forward to your getaway. Check out our ultimate guide for all of your Exumas Essentials:
Clothing & Shoes
- Swimwear: Need we say more? You’ll want to spend every moment you can in the crystal blue Exumas waters, so be sure to pack swimsuits on swimsuits. (Pro tip: pack options that are great for adventures, like snorkeling or jet skiing!)
- Light, casual clothing: Summertime temperatures in the Exumas generally reach the high 80s. Be sure to pack clothing that will help keep you cool (and protected) during your time in the sun. We recommend light t-shirts to keep your shoulders covered from strong UV rays. Be sure to also pack some lightweight running shoes or sneakers to take on any and all adventures!
- Dinner and dancing clothes: The Exumas like to keep it casual, but if you’re looking for a night on the town or just want to dress up for dinner on your charter, you’ll want to pack something a little nicer than your day clothes. Flowy dresses and collared shirts are a great way to keep it cool and classy! Pair these clothing items with nice sandals, heels or boat shoes for the perfect evening looks.
- Lightweight sweater or pants: If the cool nighttime breeze or chilly air conditioning is too much, we recommend packing a lightweight sweater or linen pants to keep you warm!
- Flipflops and sandals: Our go-to Exumas shoe! Airy, yet stylish and reliable, these shoes are perfect for lounging on the boat, exploring the town or relaxing by the water. Whatever your travel style may be, these shoes have got your feet covered!
Accessories & Necessities
- The Sun-ssentials: Sunscreen, hats and sunglasses are a must when traveling the Exumas. The sunshine (and UV rays) are strong, so be sure you have enough protection!
- Camera: Whether you’re using your phone or a camera, we recommend getting a waterproof case. For the more adventurous of guests, GoPros make a great option for capturing all of your activities. Most importantly, don’t forget the charging cords for your electronics! Lucky for all U.S. travelers, The Bahamas outlets are the same as those in the United States.
- Beach bag or backpack: You’ll need a way to carry all of these essentials, after all. Towel? Check. Sunglasses? Check. Free hands? Even better.
- Your newest read: Catch up on some reading during your vacation! Whether it’s the newest bestseller or a top magazine, there’s nothing better than unwinding on the sand with your favorite read. Pro tip: pair with a cocktail for ultimate enjoyment.
- Toiletries: The often forgotten essentials, don’t forget your lotion, toothbrush, chapstick, razor and other daily toiletries. These items can be costly to pick up on the islands, so plan ahead! Plus, save more room in your suitcase by packing super convenient travel sizes.
- Speaker: Enhance your relaxation with the perfect summer playlist by bringing along a portable speaker. Perfect for hanging out or getting down with some Bahamian beats, a great speaker and playlist can turn your vacation into the ultimate dance party.
Discover what you’ll be packing for–check out our 7-day Exumas itinerary: https://mastcharters.com/itinerary/